Inability of couples to have a baby after 1 year unprotected intercourse is called infertility. It is accepted that the causes of infertility are shared equally between men and women. 15% of couples in the world and Turkey can not be having babies. For infertility, 30% of both male and female problems, 20% ovulation problems, 15% closed uterine canals, 15% endometriosis are shown as the cause. In 20% of couples, the cause is unknown.
Yeni Yüzyıl University Gaziosmanpaşa Hospital IVF Center has been in service since March 2007.
The IVF Center carries out all the work required for the realization of all examinations and treatments starting from the first step examination and treatment that couples who want to have a baby need.
The IVF Center consists of gynecology, embryology, urology specialists, biologists and nurses.
What is IVF Treatment?
In vitro fertilization is a treatment method that is applied to couples who could not achieve pregnancy naturally or by other methods and included in Assisted Reproduction Techniques. IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) and ICSI (Microinjection) are included in the definition of IVF. It is the method of fertilization of reproductive cells taken from men and women outside the body and placing the obtained embryos back into the uterus. In IVF, the egg cell taken from the woman is expected to be fertilized by the sperm in the tube, while in microinjection, a single sperm is injected into the egg cell under a special microscope.
When, Who and In Which Situations Should IVF Treatment Be Performed?
- Women with blocked uterine ducts
- In women with widespread adhesions in the abdomen due to endometriosis and in whom pregnancy cannot be achieved with treatment
- In cases where sperm number and quality are severely impaired
- In Immunological Infertility
- In Some Hormonal Disorders
- In cases where pregnancy cannot be achieved with other treatment methods
- Unexplained Infertility
- In order to obtain a healthy baby by diagnosing some hereditary diseases at the embryo stage (with preimplantation genetic methods)